Monday, July 10, 2006

World Cup 2006: Italy vs France

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So I wake up on Sunday to watch the World Cup final match. I woke up late so naturally I miss both early goals. Great. I still get to see the goals replayed over and over so I don't mind. Even though no more goals were scored after I started watching this was a great final match. Italy's goalie played prob the best game ever. Some of the saves he had were unreal, including the header by Zidane in the 1st OT. Speaking of Zidane... that was one serious head butt. Obviously the Italian player said something that lit a powder keg in Zidane. He just flipped and nailed that guy. I mean look at that, just comes out of nowhere and nails him right in the chest. If you notice, the World Cup trophy sits right on the sidelines as the game as played. When Zidane walked to the tunnel exit he never turned his head to look at the trophy. I mean he is an all star soccer player that will go down in the books, but that single act will always stick with his name from now on. They said over 1 billion people in the world watched the 2002 championship game (basically 1 out of 6 people on the planet). I would assume the raitings for 2006 would be higher and if so, Zidane's act was witness by a staggering amount of people. The big story is still Italy winning it all. I bet people were dancing in the streets all across the country.